11.2.06

Bratislava

I only spent a few hours here, but it deserves its own post. What a strange place. It doesn't feel that far out of the cold war in Bratislava and the city is very pretty but run down. The people seem pretty crabby, except at the Christmas markets where they seem pretty drunk and relatively less crabby. Christine came with me and we walked around for awhile, before she put a flustered and tired Anne-Marie on a bus to the airport. If she hadn't been there, I would definitely have gotten very lost (thanks Christine!).

The presidential palace, or something like that (I don't speak/read Slovak) from the back. A plaque said this garden is the first place Slovakia tried out electricity.













from the front:















Bratislava has very pretty streets:



















The Danube, which I never managed to see in daylight:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home