11.2.06

England

I got to be a tourist in London this time, and it was fabulous. I walked a lot. I went to St Paul's and the Globe and the Tate Britain. I had Christmas in Kent with the lovely Bell parents. I went to Bath, where Jane Austen lived for a time (rather unhappily) and where much of Persuasion, my favorite novel, is set. I took a scenic train route home through Bronte country in Northern England. I was glad to be home by the end of it, but it was a beautiful trip.

Harrods at Christmastime! I went shopping and had a Krispy Kreme. Yummmm.













Queen Anne outside St Paul's:



















view from the Millenium Bridge over the the Thames:










The Globe:















The stage at the Globe:















Tate Britain, my favorite museum in the world (and I took a Thames boat to get there!! Geek OUT):



















Westminster Abbey, at night (haunted?):















Big Ben, all artistic and stuff. These iron fences are everywhere in London, so I included it in the picture. They're lovely:



















Bath's Jane Austen Centre:



















The Royal Crescent (too wide for my camera, this is about 1/3 of the thing. Most prestigious address in Bath):









Cool/creepy cathedral with people climbing the outsides:



















This city is so pretty:















Her house, people. I saw her house! I'm sure the people who live there now are used to nuts with cameras, but I did feel strange. Not that it stopped me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home